Kathleen Matthews at Marriott - I Too Am Trying to "ReCharge" .... Please Set a Policy That in the Bar Area in the Morning it's a QUIET ZONE......



Begin forwarded message:

From: Sharyn Bovat <sharynbovat@icloud.com>
Subject: Marriott Orlando World Help Create PEACE in Lobby
Date: December 28, 2013 12:36:21 PM EST
To: Mark Silverman <4msilverman@gmail.com>, Deborah Wiley <Deborah.Wiley@marriott.com>, "kathleen.matthews@marriott.com" <kathleen.matthews@marriott.com>, "edward.ryan@marriott.com" <edward.ryan@marriott.com>, "arne.sorenson@marriott.com" <arne.sorenson@marriott.com>, "kevin.kimball@marriott.com" <kevin.kimball@marriott.com>, "carolyn.handlon@marriott.com" <carolyn.handlon@marriott.com>

The hotel is lovely- yet no staff member would tell this family to stop disturbing guest.  This went on for over an hour- I along with other asked the dad to please take his children outside ONLY when the dad saw me Making a video did they leave. They knew what they were doing was wrong. People are grateful the iPhone strategy worked.

Please watch video

Have a great holiday!

Sharyn Bovat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ggljiul4LI


Sent from my iPhone

Look at the reply above... from Kathleen Matthews... who I'm sure is a great person in need of rest. ALL I want is Peace on Earth and if I can't have that at least in the lobby of my hotel... 

Below are pics of my last hotel.... it's a Starwood... the Disney Dolphin..... 


The Marriott is a LOT cleaner and nicer than the Walt Disney World Dolphin - That Hotel has "Housekeeping Issues"... That one is a Starwood and a man from Qatar who owns 6 Starwood hotels told me how ****** up theFlorida hotel was.  He said it needed better management.  During my visit I talked to two managers and the 2nd one named Martha was FANTASTIC - former Disney Yacht and Beach Club hotel manager.. I told her that the other night manager Richard kept giving me free things ($50 room credit- tehn free night- bottle of wine sent to room) but what I wanted was to pay for my remaining days & enjoy the vacation... ALL I wanted was a Stress Free stay.....  Martha solved my Disney Dolphin (Starwood) problems that I learned were mainly on the 7th floor.   To her THANK YOU!!!!



At the Disney Dolphin - 7th floor the garbage was always over flowing... the shower had LOT of mold.  The room was NOT made when I arrived at 8pm.... literally housekeeping left it like this... then they promised to have it finished in an hour but they "no showed" then they showed up and took another hour.... STILL leaving mold in the shower and dirty floor... Instead of complaining I told Martha to leave me fresh towels and supplies everyday....  I did not trust housekeeping in my room.  She did it.... Never did I go without coffee packets...



My Marriott room is clean and nice-only issue is the bar noise... finally it's quiet-Thanks to APPLE:):)



Happy New Year!!!

Sharyn

Comments